- Ridge Gourd : 1
- Tomato : 1 big
- Onion: 1
- Green chilies : 6
- Garlic pods :3
- Tamarind: 1/2 of lemon size
- Oil :3 t sp
- Curry leaves : 1 string
- Cumin seeds : 1 t sp
- Urad Dal : 1t sp
- Mustard seeds : 1t sp
- Peel ridge gourd, check for the test, if it is good, cut into small pieces.Chop tomato, onion as well.
- In a vessel, add 1 t sp oil.Add ridge gourd,tomato,onion pieces,green chilies , garlic and cover the vessel.Let it cook till water in ridge gourd evaporates.
- Once it is done, add tamarind in it.Take off from the heat.Let it cool for some time.
- In kadai, add 2 t sp oil.Add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves.
- Once the mixture is cool, grind in the mixer by adding enough salt into a fine paste.
- Take that to bowl, add talimpu or tadaka into it and mix well.
Serve this chutney with rice, dosa or idly.