Sweet pongal is prepared to offer as neivedhyam to God.
- Rice : 1 cup
- Moong Dal : 1/4 cup
- Ilachi powder : 1/2 tb sp
- Jaggery : as per taste
- Milk : 1 cup or more
- Cashew nuts : 5 made into small pieces
- Dry Raisins : 10
- Ghee : 6 tb sp
- Soak moong Dal and rice separately for 45 min.In mean time take a kadai, add 2tb sp off ghee.When it is hot add cashew nuts,raisins.Fry them and keep aside.
- Take a thick bottom vessel and add 1 cup of water and 1 cup milk .
- Let it boil .Now add moong Dal and cook for 3 min.Now add rice and cook.Cook on medium heat.Check rice, whether you are able to make into two with your finger.If needed add water or milk.
- When it is 95% cooked add jaggery, ilachi powder and mix well.
- When jaggery is completely mixed with rice, add fried cashews and raisins.On top add 4tb sp of ghee.
Mix well and serve.