Sorrel leaves, an all time favourite leafy vegetable to Andra people.Sorrel leaves curry can be prepared with many variations.One among them, I am presenting here.Sorrel leaves and bottle gourd is a great combination.
- Gongura : 1bunch
- Bottle Gourd : 1/4th cup (choped into small cubes)
- Channa Dal : 4 tb sp
- Garlic pods : 5
- Green Chilies : 2
- Red chilli powder
- All ingredients of Tadaka or Talimpu
- Curry leaves
- Soak Channa Dal for 30 min.Separate sorrel leaves from the bunch.Chop if leaves are big.
- In a vessel, add 1/4th cup water, soaked Channa Dal , bottle gourd pieces and cook till they become soft.
- If there is excess water, drain the water.Now add sorrel leaves,green chilli,crushed garlic pieces.Cover the lid and cook till sorrel leaves become soft.
- Add salt, red chili powder as per your taste.
- In another vessel, add tadaka .Add this to curry.
Serve this with hot rice, few drops of ghee.Tastes yummy!!!!!!!!!