Mango Dal, an all time favourite to most of the people.Add a drumstick to this Dal gives extra flavour and nice taste.
- Raw mango : 1
- Toor Dal : 1 cup
- Onion: 1 Small(optional)
- Drumstick: 1(optional)
- Green chilies : 2
- Red Chilli powder : 2 Tb sp
- All ingredients of Tadaka
- Curry leaves
- Pressure cook Dal with 2 cups of water.In the mean time chop mango,onion,green chilies,drum stick.
- In a kadai, add 1 cup water, chopped mango and other pieces and let it cook.(You can cook these pieces along with Dal in a separate vessel)If you combine mango and Dal it may not cook properly due to soreness of mango.So to avoid that cook Dal and mango pieces separately.
- When pieces are 3/4th cooked, add Dal, turmeric and let it cook.After some time add enough salt,red chili powder.
- In another vessel prepare tadaka, add hing and curry leaves.Add this to cooked Dal.
Serve with rice, few drops of ghee and papad or vuru mirapakayalu.