Bitter gourd is helpful in fighting aginst infections and provide relief from constipation.It is also helps in reducing sugar levels.It has many nutrition values.
- Bitter gourd : 5
- Onion : 1 big
- Tamarind: 1/2 lemon size
- Curd : 2 Tb sp
- Jaggery: 3 Tb sp
- Cumin seeds : 1 t sp
- Red Chili powder
- Chop bitter gourd into small circle shape. In kadai, add curd and dilute with 3 cups of water.Now add turmeric and tamerind to this water.
- Keep water mixture on stove and add bitter gourd peices.This process is done to take off bitterness from bitter gourd.
- Let it cook for 15-20 min.Make sure that they are cooked only 3/4th.
- Now let it cool for sometime.Completely squeeze water from the peices.
- In a wide nonstick pan, add 10Tb sp of oil.Then add bitter gourd peices and fry them.
- In the mean time chop onion.When the peices are 1/2 fried add onion.
- When onions are fried, add salt, besan powder, red chili powder and jaggery,cumin seeds.Mix well.
Serve with rice.