- Alasandalu\Bobbarlu\Black eyed peas: 1 cup
- Onion : 1 small
- Tomato: 1
- Cilantro : 4 strings
- Garam Masala powder (optional)
- Red chili powder
- All ingredients of Talimpu
- Pressure cook alasandalu for 2 whistles.In the mean time chop onion,tomato , and cilantro.
- In a kadai, add 3 tb sp of oil.Prepare talimpu or tadaka.Now add chopped onion , turmeric and fry them till them become transparent.If you want to add garam masala, add now.
- Now add chopped tomato and let it cook.Add water that is left after cooking alsandalu into this mixture.
- Add red chili powder, enough salt and let it cook till it forms a thick gravy.
- Now add cooked alasandalu and mix well.Cover and let it cook for 2-3 mins.Now add cilantro leaves and leave for few seconds and take off from heat.
Serve with chapati or roti or pulka.