- Maida\all purpose flour : 2 1/2 cups
- Sooji : 3 tb sp
- Butter : 4tb sp
- Milk: as needed
- Sugar+Jaggery : 1 cup
- In a mixing bowl add maida,salt,sooji and mix well.Now add butter, give a nice mix.Add warm milk and prepare a soft dough like how we prepare for poori.Cover with lid and let it rest for 15-20 min.
- Now divide the dough into small small balls.Take Gavvla peeta or fork.Apply oil on that .Roll the ball on peeta or fork from top to bottom by pressing to make a shape of shell.
- In a kadai, heat oil for deep fry.Fry the prepared shells in batches till they turn to golden brown color.
- In another kadai, add jaggery and little water just to wet the jaggery.Check for one string consistency.
- Add ilachi powder, then add fried gavvalu in the syrup and mix well till each shell is coated with syrup.Leave it for few min.
- Once they are cooled, store them in air tight container.