- Potato : 2 nos
- Onion : 1 small
- Cumin seeds
- Red Chili powder
- Poha\Atukulu : 1 fist full(optional)
- Peel and cut potato, and place the pieces in water.Chop onion and keep aside.In a deep kadai, take oil for deep fry.
- Once oil is hot, put potato pieces and fry them.
- Once pieces are half cooked, add onion.Fry them till onions are cooked.
- I prefer potato pieces to be soft than crisp.Remove the pieces from oil and put them on a tissue to absorb oil.
- Take them to a bowl, add salt,red Chilli powder,cumin seeds.
Serve potato fry with rice, dal or sambar.
Variation: Add poha in oil.Fry them and add them to potato pieces.The combination of soft potato and crisp poha taste is very good.