- Bottle gourd : 1lb cut into small pieces
- Moong dal : 6 tb sp
- Green chilies : 3 finely chopped
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tb sp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tb sp
- Urad Dal : 1/2 tb sp
- Curry leaves :6
- Tamarind : 1/4 tb sp
- Soak moong dal in water for 30 min.Peal bottle gourd and chop into small pieces.
- Take a vessel, add oil and heat it.Now add urad Dal, mustard seed, cumin seeds, green chilies, curry leaves, tamarind.
- Now add bottle gourd pieces,moong Dal and cover the lid.
- Let it cook for some time.Stir occasionally and add water if required.
- Cook till the bottle gourd becomes soft.Add salt and leave for few min.
Take off from the heat and serve with rice.