Ha, it's summer time.Every one search for coolness in food and atmosphere.A glass of lemon juice after a household work or a return to home after office gives full energy.Lemons play a important role in Indian cooking.
Hmm.... the aroma of lemon leaves freshness around the place.No household is complete without a lemon on hand.Try to choose that are heavy , with a bright yellow color and fresh scent.
Here are the few uses of lemon in our regular household work:
- Rub cutting board with a lemon to remove odor.
- After you have juiced the lemon, put the left out rind in the cooker while cooking.This turns inside bottom to clean and shiny.
- Put the rind in hot water while taking bath and leave it for few min.And take bath with that water, it gives freshness.
- Put a piece of lemon in refrigerator open to prevent odours.Apply and massage on hair and leave for 30min before taking head bath.This reduces dandruff.
- Apply on neck and hands and leave for few min and clean it off.This reduces darkness and cleans neck part.
- Dip a lemon half in sugar and use to soften rough feet and elbows.
- Dry the rinds completely along with peel of orange, pomegranate and powder it.This can be used as natural scrub.
- Clean the copper pots or rust stains with a lemon dipped in salt.
- Store the lemon juice by adding a spoon of salt in it.