- Ridge guard : 1 big
- Green Chilies : 4 or 5
- Tamarind Juice : 4 spoons
- Onion (optional)
- Garlic (optional)
- All ingredients of Talimpu
- Peel ridge guard and check for the taste.If it is OK, cut into medium cubes.
- Take a pan, add 2tb sps of oil.When oil is hot add ridge guard pieces,green chilies, if you prefer onion, garlic also.
- Cover it with lid.Cook until water oozes out completely and ridge guard is cooked.
- Let it cool completely.Grind the pieces in mixer by adding tamarind juice and enough salt.
- Put talimpu and add it to chutney.
Serve with rice.
Variation: You can use red chilies instead of green chilies.