I don't know why it is called Bombay chutney, this is very famous in Andhra.Goes well with Dosa,Idli and Upma.They do this for functions or marriages to go well with tiffins. Easy to prepare also.
- Senagapindi or besan flour: 1/4th cup
- Green Chilies : 3
- Urad Dal : 1/2 tb sp
- Mustard Seeds : 1/4th tb sp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tb sp
- Turmeric : 1/2 tea sp
- Lemon Juice : As per taste
- Chop chilies.Take 1/2 cup water in a bowl and add besan flour and mix well without any lumps.
- Take a vessel.Add all ingredients of Talimpu or Tadaka.Once they are spluttering, add besan flour mixture into it.Immediately stir it well, as it forms lumps very easily.
- Now add turmeric.If required add water also.The chutney should not too thick or too watery.Check for medium consistency.Stir the mixture well in quick intervals.
- Now add salt and mix well.Cook till bubbles are formed on top.That is the indication that it is cooked.
- Check for the salt and take the chutney into serving bowl.Add lemon juice and mix well.
Serve hot with idli,dosa,upma.
Note: You can also use tamarind juice instead of lemon juice.In first step mix besan flour in tamarind juice and water mixture instead of only water.