This recipe i got from one blog.
In our home to prepare tomato vuragaya,first my mom used to mix tomato pieces,tamarind, salt and keep it in air tight plastic container for 3 days.After 3 days squeeze of the water fully and used to dry the tomato pieces in hot sun for 2 days.But drying in the sun is not possible for me here.So i choose this method of preparing pickle.
- Tomato: 500gm
- Tamarind : 25gm approximately
- Red Chillie Powder
- Mustard powder : 1t sp
- Hing : a pinch
- Methi seeds powder : 1 t sp
- Garlic (optional)
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Cut tomatoes into big cubes.In a plastic container add tomato pieces,tamarind and salt and mix well.Close the lid.
- Leave it like that for one day.After one day, grind tomato,tamarind , garlic as smooth paste.
- In a thick bottom vessel, add oil and put tadaka, add hing.Now add tomato paste in it and mix well.
- Cook till the oil comes out in the corners by covering with lid.When it is almost done add salt, red chillie powder,mustard seeds powder,methi powder and mix well.Make sure that oil is more in the pickle.
- Let it cool completely, transfer it to airtight container.Use dry spoon to serve.
Serve with rice,idly,dosa.